Thursday, June 2, 2011

ABDC Season 6: The Battle of the Final Two


What's the point of this episode? I thought their last routine was the "last chance dance" that traditionally ends the competition and we just wait to crown the victor. But I guess they wanted to add another episode to the season, so tonight the crews are doing one last episode of "no holds barred" dancing to show America what they've got.

If Phunk Phenomenon had made it to the finale, I would care about this episode a lot more. I don't really care to see Iconic Boyz dance three more times. I just want to see them lose already!

For the first routine, the judges picked their most stunning performance from each crew for them to recreate and kick up a notch. See what routines the judges picked, after the break.


IaMmE
S&M by Rihanna
This was my favorite of their previous routines, so I'm glad they picked this one. JC thought they did a great job of taking a routine that was great to start with and expanding on the concept. They took this redo to spread out over the stage more, which was a reoccuring critique he had for them. Lil Mama loved that it was just fun, clean, and fresh. She also loved that Chachi knocked them out in a different way this time. D-Trix can't wait for the battle routine, and I really can't wait to see them dance again! Can we just skip all the Iconic Boyz routines and have them dance for the entire hour?

Iconic Boyz
Baby by Justin Bieber
Of course they had them do the Justin Bieber routine. Of course, the judges praised their spunk and how they have improved so much. Lil Mama liked the "down down down" section, JC loved that they changed the levels on certain sections.

There's a lot of filler in this episode, between the fan videos and background stories. Meh. MOAR DANCING!

Battle Round
There were some funny moments, with the brain and the pacifier, but honestly, this episode was the biggest waste of time. MTV just needed to fill an hour of programming and this was the best they could do on such short notice. If they do another extra episode like this next season, I don't think I'll bother blogging it, and maybe won't even watch it. A one hour episode with less than 10 minutes of dancing doesn't sound all that entertaining to me.

The actual finale airs on Sunday at 7:30pm so be sure to tune in to see IaMmE win this. If they don't, I'm going to ignore this entire season existed and doubt my commitment to watching in the future. So...

PLEASE VOTE FOR IAMME! 

What did you think of the episode? Did you like the new format?

No comments:

Post a Comment