Both NPH's and Artie's stories pulled at the heart strings and resonated with me. Artie's storyline in particular just broke my heart.
Check out my favorite musical number below:
Since I'm pretty swamped with real life stuff, here are my brief thoughts on the episode:
- NPH and Indina Menzel should come back more! Great voices, great roles.
- More flashbacks to 80s Shuester please. I loved the hair, sweater, and braces.
- The ending song with Artie, where Henry and Tina tap dance almost made me cry. So sad!
- I'm so glad Jessie wasn't playing Rachel to sabotage New Directions. This whole time I thought it was some plot to break up Glee, but turned out to be for a much more noble reason.
- While he was still playing her, I still like them together and he seems to genuinely be into her now.
- Now all the protest groups who were upset that the actor playing Artie wasn't actually handicapped know WHY this role had to be cast this way. I can't imagine this storyline and the subsequent dance routine wasn't planned from the beginning.
- I loved the viral video/flash mob feel of the Safety Dance. Made even more perfect when you think about all the Glee flashmobs that have happened world wide.