Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Comic-Con has arrived!

Today is the first day of Comic-Con, with preview night. The lucky few who scored tickets will get to watch sneak peeks of upcoming television shows, movies, and any other comic-book related things. While I'll be a Comic-Con all weekend, I missed out on the preview night ticket. I'm sure there will be lots of updates on twitter and a slew of entertainment blogs to make up for it though!

Below is my dream schedule. I doubt I'll be able to get in to all these panels, but hopefully I can get in to the majority of them. I'll be blogging and tweeting while in San Diego, so stay tuned here and to @kristal_bailey for updates!

Thursday, July 22
11am - TRON Legacy (Hall H). Expecting a lot of sneak footage in 3D!
3:30pm - Entertainment Weekly: The Visionaries (Hall H). Panel with geek gods J.J. Abrams and Joss Whedon.
6pm - Universal: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (Hall H). This is my most anticipated film left in summer! They're also having the Scott Pilgrim Experience all weekend, where select cast and crew will be signing t-shirts.

Friday, July 23
11:30am - Caprica (Ballroom 20). This smart Syfy show is returning in January 2011 and they'll be premiering the trailer along with other new information.
12:45pm - The Big Bang Theory (Ballroom 20). Sheldon. Enough said.
2pm - Bones (Ballroom 20). With filming starting this week, there won't be much new footage, but there will hopefully be some good scoops on what's going on next season and just how everyone reunites after their years abroad.
3pm - The Joss Whedon Experience (Ballroom 20).
4pm - Entertainment Weekly: Girls Who Kick Ass: A New Generation of Heroines (Ballroom 20). Television is the medium of strong female characters!
6:30pm TV Guide Magazine: The 2010 Hot List (Ballroom 20). Chuck's Zachery Levi will be there, and that's all I need to know.

Saturday, July 24 
This is the hardest day for me. Saturday is always packed with the best panels, but this year it's like Sophie's Choice! Do I go to the Chuck panel and miss out on the WB Green Lantern/Harry Potter presentation? Do I check out the new show No Ordinary Family or a surprise favorite of mine The Vampire Diaries? And if I do see TVD, would I be able to make it into Hall H in time to see the Marvel presentation? My life is so hard! (ha!) Well, below are a bunch of panels I'd like to see. In reality, I'll probably only make it to half, if even that.
10am - Chuck Screening & Q&A (Ballroom 20).
11:45am - Warner Bros.: Green Lantern, Sucker Punch, and Harry Potter (Hall H).
12:45pm - Futurama (Ballroom 20).
2:30pm - V Screening & Q&A (Ballroom 20).
3:15pm - No Ordinary Family (Room 6A).
4:15pm - The Vampire Diares Screening and Q&A (Ballroom 20).
6pm - Marvel Studios: Thor & Captain America: The First Avenger (Hall H).
7:15pm - Kevin Smith (Hall H).

Sunday, July 25
1:30pm - Glee (Ballroom 20). While Lea Michele, Cory Monmeith, and Matthew Morrison won't be there, the rest of the cast should be. I'm hoping next season can go back to the glory of the first 13 and this will be the first hint if it's possible.
2:45pm - X: Sons of Anarchy and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (Ballroom 20).

Also, while all this is going on, there is so much going on the main floor with all the booths and free swag. It's going to be a busy four days, but I'm so ready!

Will any of you be at Comic-Con too? Better yet, planning to go to any of these same panels?

No comments:

Post a Comment