Thursday, August 6, 2009

Brave New World...today?


One of my favorite future dystopia books is Brave New World. I always enjoyed this book better than 1984, since I thought it was way more plausible. In Brave New World, the masses become obedient to the abuses of their government because of drug use and media consumption that makes it impossible for them to think for themselves. Whereas in 1984, the masses are controlled with an iron fist by the administration. Which do you think sounds more plausible?

I bring this up because some headway is finally being made on the Brave New World feature! Ridley Scott and Leonardo DiCaprio have signed on to produce, and maybe direct and act accordingly. I'm a big fan of both these guys, so I hope things stay on track for the film. The script is just starting to get written, so it will be a while before any real headway is made, but just the fact that the deals are in place bodes well for the film! I hope things can stay together, because I am really looking forward to this.

(Info and picture from Risky Biz Blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment