Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Advance Review: Buried

It would have made Hitchcock proud



I saw a sneak peek of Buried at USC earlier this week, was really glad I got the opportunity. It was a tightly wound, suspenseful film that kept me on the edge of my seat for the entire 95 minutes. Ryan Reynolds may be known for his good looks and roles in The Proposal and Van Wilder, but this film finally made me see him as a truly talented dramatic actor. He caries the entire film and I believed his terror and will to survive completely.

It's a tightly paced film with a new twist or complication to up the ante every few minutes. As if being buried alive isn't enough, he has to deal with terrorists, ransom, elements of nature, a war happening just a few feet above him, and so much more. My heart was pounding the whole time!

There's a reason this was the first distribution deal from Sundance. I highly recommend you see it when it comes out on October 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment