Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What's your Mindset?


This school year is gearing up and this is the first time that I won't be gearing up with it. This such a strange and new experience, I don't quite know how I should be acting since I'm not getting ready to go back to school. Maybe that's part of why this blog exists?

I just found this annual report about the "mindset" of each graduating class. It's a list that Beloit College makes every year of the major defining events that shaped a graduating class's lives.

In honor of my graduating in 2009, here are some highlights from their Class of 2009 list:
  1. They don't remember when "cut and paste" involved scissors.
  2. Heart-lung transplants have always been possible.
  3. They never had the fun of being thrown into the back of a station wagon with six others.
  4. "Whatever" is not part of a question but an expression of sullen rebuke.
  5. Dirty dancing has always been acceptable.
  6. The Starship Enterprise has always looked dated.
For the full list, click HERE.
You can also check out other years' lists here.

1 comment:

  1. Sadly, there weren't enough seatbelts to accomodate 6 people in the back of my parents' 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser. I think we could do five, tops, if there were three in the backseat and two in the "way back" where the seats faced the opposite direction (looking out the rear window). Ah, memories.

    (BTW, this is Ambler speaking)

    ReplyDelete