Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Lorax is Coming

Universal just announced they'll be making an all CGI movie of Dr. Suess's The Lorax. I'm so excited for this! I loved The Lorax as a kid! It's possibly one of my favorites of Suess, and why I became a mini-environmentalist as a kid - always making my parents recycle, going out on tree plantings, cleaning beaches with Heal the Bay, and helping out on fellow scouts' projects to help the environment. I was even on my high school's Environmental Science Bowl team! Well, enough about me, the point is that The Lorax was one of the first environmentally conscious influences on my life and I'm sure the same goes for many people, since Dr. Suess is a mainstay in children's literature.

I'm glad it'll be getting the big movie studio treatment, I just hope they stay true to its roots and don't mess with the story too much. It'll be a while before we see it, it was just announced with no cast yet attached. Universal is hoping for a 2012 release, so just sit tight and maybe reread the book and watch the cartoon in anticipation.

(photo and scoop from Zap2it)

No comments:

Post a Comment