Friday, July 10, 2009

Cupcakes galore!

This is an amazing map of all the cupcake places in Los Angeles.

On this list, I've only been to a handful.

Yummy Cupcakes (Santa Monica) - interesting flavors, some that I haven't seen at the bigger known shops. It's a small, cute shop. It's conveniently located at the end of 3rd St. Promenade, so if you're ever around there I really recommend going.

Crumbs (Beverly Hills) - usually not too busy as Sprinkles is just down the block. Crumbs is my favorite cupcake chain; you just get such huge cupcakes for the same price you get a normal sized one at Sprinkles. However, their huge size is why one cupcake here sets you back roughly 750 calories! My favorite: Brownie or Strawberry Banana.

Crumbs (Larchmont) - same quality as Bev. Hills, but out of the way. It's surrounded by a bunch of eateries though so if you're ever out there for dinner you should definitely stop by.

Sprinkles - I've never actually had a Sprinkles cupcake, and I'll tell you why. I just can't justify spending $4 on one normal sized cupcake, when you can walk a block further and get a massive one for the same price. Plus, this place is always so cramped and crowded. I just feel its way over hyped.

KT and I are going to try a new one out today, thanks to that handy dandy map! What are your favorite cupcake places? Or to those not in LA, what are your favorite cupcake flavors?

2 comments:

  1. So when i get to LA I expect to see some cupcakes waiting for me because you have definitely talked them up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha don't worry. cupcakes will definitely be around while you're here! by then i'll have tried more of the places on the map, so I'll know the best of the best haha.

    ReplyDelete