Thursday, April 21, 2011

THE GOONIE'S Chunk is all grown up!


One of my favorite movies growing up was THE GOONIES. I loved the adventure, the humor, just everything! Sean Astin, Corey Feldman, and Josh Brolin basically got their start on the film and have gone on to some major projects since then. Well, Corey Feldman kind of peaked in the 80s, but the other two are still working today. But what happened to Chunk? The goofy, kind of chubby kid who introduced the Truffle Shuffle to the world?

Find out after the break.



From Zap2it:

Yahoo's Vitality blog has a series of videos and interviews they call "Second Act." One of the most recent ones they put up was of Jeff B. Cohen. Who, you ask? Chunk from "The Goonies." 
Cohen is now a 36-year-old entertainment lawyer, but he recalls how the infamous Truffle Shuffle scene was one of the first scenes he shot for the movie. "It was just kind of me being me," he says.
"That scene, as a director, was a incredible insight into Jeff," says "Goonies" director Richard Donner.
"Puberty was the main culprit in ending my acting career. I went from being kidn of this chunky little kid to looking different and I was really bummed because I loved acting," says Cohen. "Richard Donner's friendship and guidance showed me that there's more to life than being an actor."
Well done, Chunk.
This just serves as further proof that puberty can be a career killer for boys. A more recent example? Haley Joel Osmont:

No comments:

Post a Comment