Friday, February 12, 2010

Linkulous: Chick Flicks, Leno, Chuck, and more

Happy Friday! I hope you all had a good week and are looking forward to an even better weekend. I know I'm excited since it's a 3 day weekend for me! Maybe now I'll be able to do my taxes?

Well, in less boring news, here are some interesting articles I read this week:

The Mystery of the Chick Flick - maybe this wouldn't be such a mystery if they had more women behind the scenes.

Three Things I Learned From Leno

Money Can't Buy Happiness: Man Gives Away His Fortune

The Top Lost Fan Videos

How a Big Win For "The Hurt Locker" could change the Academy Awards

Shows That Could Have Canned Laughter

All in the Modern Family - a look at the evolution of the sitcom and how Modern Family fits in it.

Best Picture, Uncut - TIME analyzes the best picture oscar nominations

The Construction of Canadian Identity in How I Met Your Mother

Have you guys heard about the Chuck controversy? Apparently fans are threatening to boycott the show now that Chuck and Sarah are interested in other people. I don't get the logic behind that. Here are some great articles about the whole debacle:

The Double Edged Sword of Devotion: Chuck vs. The Entitled Fanbase


Chuck vs. The Fanbase - completely agree with this take on the events.

Chuck: Shwartz vs. The Controversy

The Chuck Crisis of '10: A National Dialogue

The Watcher's Take on the Chuck Controversy

2 comments: