Sunday, October 18, 2009

Dine LA: Royal T Cafe

Earlier this week, I had the best cupcake of my life. And it wasn't at a bakery, or made by my very talented friends, it was at Royal T Cafe. As I mentioned earlier, Dine LA is a great deal where at certain restaurants you get a 3 course meal for a reasonable price.

The whole meal was great! We had an appetizer of Pan-fried Duck with baby spinach:


For the main course, we had Kobe beef cheeseburgers. They were so juicy and delicious. I particularly loved the gruyere cheese and cucumbers, something you don't normally get on a burger. I don't have pictures of the burgers because we were so hungry I forgot about it until about halfway through. woops!

And then came dessert. The most delicious, moist, soft, amazing cupcake I've ever had. In such an unlikely place! I got a chocolate raspberry cupcake:

Not only was the food great, but I really loved the atmosphere. It's very asian, with asian pop art everywhere, even with a section in front where you can buy asian knick-knacks and the art on display. The uniforms were cute, with a slight tinge of fetishism in there too - very Japanese! I didn't get a photo of the uniforms, but here's some of the pop art they had around:

Overall, a great little cafe! I will definitely be heading back, especially for the cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment